For Tahwultech | Reseller Middle East’s latest feature, Editor Anita Joseph discussed with Leading Channel Market Players the impact of the pandemic on their businesses and the challenges and opportunities they encounter in their journey to add value and offer relevant solutions to the digitally transforming market.
Here you can read VAD’s General Manager Mario M. Veljovic full Interview with the Editor:
1) How has COVID-19 changed the channel market dynamics? What is the biggest change that the pandemic has brought on?
MV: The Channel is experiencing a new level of efficiency. That's why we call this era "The New Smart". While keeping in touch with your existing Ecosystem is relatively easy and even efficient, building new Opportunities and Customers is a challenge for everyone. On the positive side, the Channel finds it easier to stay connected with Customers than Vendors, which puts a lot of focus to channel driven business again.
2) At a time when spending (both consumer & commercial) is being curbed, have channel partners had to lower their revenue growth expectations for the foreseeable future?
MV: Channel Partners shouldn't lower their revenue growth expectations, but rather working on realigning their Product and Service offering. Many of our Partners, including ourselves, have seen stronger than expected growth. We have seen July helping us to return to year on year growth expectations.
3) How can channel partners refocus their selling strategies post COVID-19? What are the key questions to keep in mind?
MV: Digital Transformation has taken massive momentum. Focus on Disruptive and Innovative Technologies and Solutions, that support lower the Client's Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and drive fast Return of Investment (ROI). In the light of the Pandemic, Clients seek Agile, Elastic and Flexible IT Infrastructure to be better prepared for any future eventuality. Cloudification of your Offering is definitely a must.
4) What support systems and technology tools are channel partners putting in place to stay competitive and add value during this critical phase?
MV: We see our Channel Partners investing in Remote Support Tools that are empowered by Augmented Reality (AR), as Clients do not allow external support teams on site. Managed Services are in big Demand and those Partners investing in their Infrastructure will win.
5) How are channel partners incorporating planned and existing marketing programs into their new working strategy?
MV: We are all exploring what new creative ways can be efficient and will help support our new strategies. But we already see that the old ways do not work and "just virtualizing" all we done before is not the ultimate recipe. So, think beyond Webinars, Virtual Boardrooms & Roundtables etc.
The Full Feature of Reseller Middle East can be found online here:
or just visit: www.tahawultech.com